MAIPAKCHAO FAMILY’S HOMESTAY
MAIPAKCHAO FAMILY’S HOMESTAY lies at the heart of Loktak Lake, Bishnupur, Manipur, the biggest freshwater lake in North-eastern India. The home stay is located at the foothill of tiny hillock of Thanga Ngaram which is surrounded by the Loktak Lake. This homestay was established in the year 2013, and considered of the first homestays in Manipur. This homestay is run with the motto of conservation of nature and Loktak Lake through tourism. The Loktak Lake is the most beautiful freshwater lake in Manipur having an area of 286 sq.km. It is full of biodiversity. Also important for control of the weather and climatic conditions of Manipur.
The owner of the home stay, Mr. Maipakchao Singh is the President of the Loktak Eco Tourism Development Organisation ( LEDO) and National Youth Awardee, the award was conferred by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports , Govt. of India in the year 1992-93. He can explain about the Loktak Lake, cultural practices, lifestyle and the whole of Manipur. The family of the home stay is very cordial and known for their hospitality. They English, Hindi and Manipuri.
CHARGES ;- Rs. 1200/- per person per night above 12 yrs. And below 12 years Rs.800/-
FOODING ;- Local food is prepared Veg and non-veg food with less oil & less Spicy according to their desire in short home food.
NO. OF ROOMS ;- 4(four)rooms ( 1 single room,3 double rooms)
Attached with washroom and mosquito nets. And hot water on demand and a fixed ceiling fan and room heater.
DRINKING WATER AVAILABLE : Drinking water with RO Quality.
ENERGY OR ELECTRICITY ;- 24 hours available with power break up.
NO. OF DAYS BEST ;-3 nights 4 days.
GUIDES Local Guides available
LANGUAGE ;- English, Hindi and Manipuri
FACILITY AVAILABLE :-
- Trekking hill to see the 360 degree panoramic views of Loktak Lake, sunset and sun rise views etc.
Boating at the Loktak Lake to see the live fishing with different fishing techniques, walking on the floating Phumdis, Phumsang lifestyle, testing the dry or smoke fish and fresh fish at the Phumsang, swimming at Loktak lake etc.
- Visit Keibul Lamjao National Park only floating sanctuary and only one species found Sangai deer only 5.5 km to the southern side of the Loktak Lake may be accessed by Cycle, Car etc.
- Visit Moirang INA, a very important place for freedom struggle and the first tricolour flag of India hoisted and flared, the 2nd World War leader by INA(Azad Hind Fouz) Museum place. And also well known the cultural aspects to Moirang Area only sub-divisional market or next to IMA market at Imphal we can see the women activities here also.
- Roam around the village Thanga hillock and Karang Island only the lake island in Manipur.
See the village crafts such as weaving ladies cloth to the traditional Loom, making fishing bamboo baskets what we called loo and weaving of fishing nets through traditional fly shuttle looms and have the training facility also.
- Experience local festival Umang Lai Haraoba in the month of April and May for every year which is celebrated across valley areas of Manipur, in the month of October celebrate Durga Puja festival and Panthoibi Puja( Irat), in the month of Nov., Manipur Sangai Festival is celebrated at Keibul Lamjao etc.
- You may visit Moreh directly from this place by the hired car or shared car which is shorter 30 km.
MAIPAKCHAO FAMILY’S HOMESTAY lies at the heart of Loktak Lake, Bishnupur, Manipur, the biggest freshwater lake in North-eastern India. The home stay is located at the foothill of tiny hillock of Thanga Ngaram which is surrounded by the Loktak Lake.